Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goals as a Parent -- My Mission Plan



For now, as far as I know I could just be homeschooling for this one semester. As I've pondered and prayed about this, my answers haven't been really absolute and clear for the long-term. I feel really good about keeping Mario home for 4k, but I don't know beyond that. What I do know is that considering the possibility of homeschooling has made me begin to be more educated about education. It's also helping me to be more purposeful in my parenting and more conscious of my goals for my children, both long-term and short-term.

When I consider what I hope for my children in the future, here are some things I think:

-I hope that my children will have the absolute knowledge that they are children of God.
-I hope that they will learn to pray and study in search of truth and direction in their lives, and I hope that they will be able to recognize the Holy Ghost directing them in their lives.
-I hope that they will be empathetic, kind, and generous, and I hope that they will understand that everyone else is a child of God as well.
-I hope that they will be able to be successful parents in the future.
-I hope that they can experience, recognize, and feel joy.
-I hope that they will be hard-workers, that they will be willing to take on a challenge and do difficult things to succeed towards their goals.
-I hope that they will be curious and interested in people and the world around them. I hope that they will try to understand how people and things work and why they do the things they do.
-I hope that they will be able to think things through deeply. I hope that they will be able to discuss  these things intelligently and thoughtfully.
-I hope that they will have a broad knowledge of the world around them.
-I hope that they will find things they are passionate about and that they can learn to support themselves doing it.
-I hope that they will be willing to try new and difficult things.

1 comment:

  1. Great goals -- and goals that can be possible whether you homeschool for one semester or for years!

    ReplyDelete