Thursday, January 9, 2014

Fine Arts: Art

I've decided Monday and Wednesday will be our art days. I will be using Lives of the Great Artists by Kathleen Krull with illustrations by Kathryn Hewitt. Conveniently, we already had this because we picked it up years ago at a sale to match the musician book I already had from my childhood.

Mondays
a. Read a biography.
b. Look at works by the artist.
(We browsed the works of Da vinci on the computer because the book I have talks about his life and works, but it doesn't have examples of his work. I would prefer to find a book with examples.)
c. Do something hands-on.
(This week it was play-doh.)

Wednesdays 
a. Talk about an art concept.
(I'm not sure I have enough knowledge or material on my own to keep this up at my kids' level. I used What Every Kindergartener Needs to Know to talk about warm and cool colors this week.)
b. Do something hands-on.
(This week it was painting on the easel.)


No comments:

Post a Comment