Thursday, January 9, 2014

Fine Arts: Music

I've decided Tuesday and Thursday will be our music days. I will be using Lives of the Great Musicians by Kathleen Krull with illustrations by Kathryn Hewitt. My mom got this for me when I was a kid taking music lessons.


Tuesday
a. Read a biography.
b. Listen to a piece by the musician.
(First we tried to sit quietly and listen. Then we listened again moving. I've been trying to play Vivaldi around the house throughout the day, but I doubt the kids would ever recognize it while we were out and about if they suddenly heard it. Nor would I for that matter. This sort of thing isn't really my strong suit. In any case, it's a start.)

Thursdays
a. Talk about a music concept.
(I'm not sure I have enough knowledge or material on my own to keep this up at my kids' level. Today we didn't have a discussion actually. We just skipped to b. However, adding in an a sometimes would be good.)
b. Sing fun kid songs.
(Today we sang the "Hoky Poky" and "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes," and we did the little finger play song Five Little Monkeys Swinging in a Tree.)

No comments:

Post a Comment